Friday 16 March 2012

In the studio...

today, I've had more fun than I think is strictly legal.  When I teach the mixed media classes, I encourage great use of the matboard cutouts provided by Louise Olinger at Olinger Art & Custom Framing for mopping up leftover paint.  It's a great way to get rid of White Support Anxiety.  During the first Colour Boot Camp on Wednesday, I scored some left-over paint on students' palette paper.  Slapping mat boards onto them was quickly accomplished and the following 3 painting starts revealed themselves..

This colourful matboard looks like flight to me.

Interplanetary journey, perhaps?

I feel a maelstorm coming.
I don't always use these boards in a painting, of course.  I've been collecting them throughout the years, and finally got a start on a project I've had in mind for some time.  Emmie Roelofse at Creston Professional Framing & Art Gallery very kindly loaned me some time on her guillotine chopper and I spent a couple of happy hours on Wednesday chopping to my heart's content.

It was no surprise to me that the pile of chopped blues and greens was so large that while I was sorting, some of  them escaped off the pile on to the floor.
Some of the escapee blue/green pile
The yellow and orange pile really got my juices flowing.
Yellow and orange
I was surprised at how small the red pile was in comparison - may need to do something about that.
Mostly red
The range in the purple pink pile was fun to see.
Pinks and purples
Even the neutral pile was interesting.
Black, white, neutral
I'm excited to start using these gorgeous pieces, and wonder what your muse sees for them...all comments gratefully accepted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...