Wednesday 21 March 2012

Something new...

is always in process here in the studio, and this week is no exception.

I got so excited about the painted mat boards I chopped last week that I rushed to do a little study.  I just love the wide variety of blues and greens - can you tell I'm a colourist?

Ocean Bytes  6 x 6 mixed media on board by Win Dinn
I've also been working on another piece, this time in orange tones.  It's in my 'Play' series, and really makes my mouth water.  The topmost layer of paper is a hand-painted  'leather' paper that I teach in my mixed media class, the second paper is a Thai paper purchased many years ago, the third is a magazine 'steal', the fourth is painted canvas support and it's all resting on a mat board portion, topped with a torn paper orange.

Playing with Oranges  8 x 8 mixed media on gallery wrap canvas by Win Dinn
I could undoubtedly do three more paintings with this theme, and not even make a small dent in my orange stash of paper - life is SO good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...