Thursday 27 September 2012

Shadows

As much as I enjoy the richness and complexity of colour, I am also drawn to shadows.  To me, they are both a metaphor for the dark side of our psyche and a unique way of viewing an object.

They can be strong and hard-edged,


or soft and golden.



 They can be completely alien looking,


or recognizable in every way.

In all instances, though, they seem to have something mysterious and exotic about them, as though they, too, have a story to tell.


At this time of the year, the shadows around me are mostly long and diffused, seeming to speak of the coming winter.  What do you think the shadows in your life are trying to tell you? Can you see and hear their tale?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...