Monday 8 April 2013

Jelly? Really?

Not really, but the geletine printing process starts with the same stuff that's in the geletine you eat, although I wouldn't recommend ingesting it after you've added the paint!.

I watched this video some weeks ago, and was mightily intrigued, and had to try it.


So 16 packages of geletine mix, several cups of water and four pans of geletine later, I had some monoprints:


ranging from single colour,


to two colours on the same pass,


to two colours one of top of the other.


I experimented with circles,


and feathers, and more colours than I thought I had.  I did prints, ghost prints and prints from the oddments I lifted from the geletine.

In fact, if it weren't for the fact that I was constantly running to the store for more packages of geletine, and the ease with which the geletine plate breaks down, I'd still be at it...I've found that monoprinting is terribly addictive, and WAY too much fun.

Watch this space - there is a fix for these problems!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...