Thursday 2 May 2013

It's final.

In spite of  (or perhaps because of ) all the activity these past three months, I've managed to complete a painting or two.  It's likely because I went on record in January to commit to 60 finished paintings this year...more fool me!  I can't quite figure out how I'm going to play with my new Gelli plate AND finish paintings.

At any rate, I did manage to complete a few of them at the end of March and throughout April.  The first is another of my 'I-am-obsessed-with-circles-in-any-form-and-number' paintings.

...Around in Circles    5.5 x 8.5"
Mixed Media on mat board    © Win Dinn
I also became intrigued with adding slightly embossed bits to paintings, and these patterns just seemed to appear out of the blue (or purple/burgundy).

Colour Ladder    8.5 x 5.5 "
Mixed Media on mat board © Win Dinn
I return again and again to the use of negatives and film strips in my work - somehow they seem to hide stories that I've long forgotten.
Snapping Old Growth   6 x 9"
Mixed Media on mat board  © Win Dinn
I call the raised paper bits in this painting 'scrambles'.  They're the rolled off bits of paper that arise when creating 'skins' (a type of transfer), and I've painted hundreds of them over the years. incorporating them into paintings en masse or in small groups.  OK, I NEVER claimed that I was sane.

When Complements Collide   6 x 9"
Mixed Media on mat board  © Win Dinn
These paper roses literally fell onto the red squares when I accidentally dropped a box of painted paper flowers on the workshop table.  I'm not sure if they glued themselves to the painting or the elves did it, but they're stuck now for sure.
Vertical Bouquet  8 x 6"
Mixed Media on board  © Win Dinn
Who doesn't love tax time?  I always get so excited when I know it's time to do the taxes, and I'm sure you do too.  And why not use those left-over instruction sheets for something that's a little more fun?

...and Taxes    9 x 7"
Mixed Media on mat board  © Win Dinn
Now maybe I can get back to playing with Gelli prints, just as soon as I finish all the other paintings on the tables.  Can I wait that long?  Maybe not, what with tearing off tomorrow to do a workshop in Claresholm - 15 participants, 20 new techniques and new friends to make.  I LOVE my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...