Tuesday 18 March 2014

Every once in a while...

...I take a look at my paintings to see where I've been, and where I might be going.  As always, I'm fascinated by the threads that tie them together.

Patterns, (whether organic


or man-made,

in paper or paint,)


texture, (three dimensional



 or implied,)

and saturated colour are the three elements that are invariable hallmarks in my work.


While they may not be immediately visible on a larger scale, the closer inspections above certainly tell the tale.

Fish Fancy 

Golden Anniversary

Playing with Oranges

Islands in the Sun

Garden Patterns II

Eye of Ra
What are the attributes of your work that tell the world they are yours?  All comments are welcome and merit a response!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...