Friday 17 October 2014

A Change of Pace

With next week's guest post done and dusted (you'll find a link on my upcoming Tuesday post), it was time to play for a while in the studio.

I grabbed my Gelli plate and nine small canvasses, covering them with some interesting background texture.  Then the fun began, with a heart mania, scissors, a stack of Gelli printed paper fragments, ribbons, Andrea Revoy's ceramic buttons and more.


'I'm So Grapeful for You'  4 x 4 mixed media on canvas © Win Dinn
'Lemon-lime Love'  4 x 4 mixed media on canvas © Win Dinn
'I See You Through Rose-Coloured Love'  4 x 4 mixed media on canvas © Win Dinn

'Enviro-Love'  4 x 4 mixed media on canvas © Win Dinn
'Love is Tactile'  4 x 4 mixed media on canvas © Win Dinn

'You Hold the Key''  4 x 4 mixed media on canvas © Win Dinn

''You're My Star'  4 x 4 mixed media on canvas © Win Dinn
'Love Those Baby Blues''  4 x 4 mixed media on canvas © Win Dinn

'You're my Red-Hot Heart'  4 x 4 mixed media on canvas © Win Dinn
And while I've got my 'Have a Heart Series' well in hand, it doesn't mean that I neglected playtime with my students.  Last night's Gelli it Up! was a blast, with text stamps created (how could this one be more appropriate?),

Keiryn's love-ly stamp
and a check-out of the completed jean templates from last week.

Linda added some lovely bits to her template

The resulting print was gorgeous
We got a start on the wax crayon resist technique


and once the over-painted acrylic has been scraped off , they'll be stellar. The over-painting when it was supposed to be a Gelli printed top layer was a brain bleep by the teacher - nobody messes up as much as she does.

It was, as it has been for the past weeks, a frenzy of printing, playing and glorious colour!




Here's to a colourful day for you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...