Friday 16 January 2015

Colour in the playroom...

...is never boring.

I've been having fun working from the Creative JumpStart 2015 videos.  This  piece was a technique on plaster wrap that was demoed by Jamie Doherty, and I got so involved in it that I forgot to take photos as I went along.  I'm enjoying the texture added through the use of the plaster in the background, and I love it that I got a second chance to play with my face stencil from Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's video.

'Conflicted' mixed media on wood panel  8" x 8" © Win Dinn
The other technique I started was by Marsha Valk, and I did remember to take a photo or two, although I'm a loooooong way from finished.  I made an effort to step out of my usual colours to start the background.

Background
The colours I added on top are not what I'd normally use together either, but I liked them so much it was hard to go on to the next stage!
Adding some marks and more colour
Imagine my angst in covering over all that luscious colour!
Masking and over-painting in white
I'll be working more on this next week, but in the meantime, I'm also in the midst of packing for this weekend's Gelli it Up! playshop in Kimberley, BC.  I'll be at one of my favourite venues - Centre 64 - and if past playshops there are any indication, it will be a veritable riot. I expect the RCMP will have to be called out to quiet us down.


If you can't join us there this weekend (and I know there's a spot left for you), the same class is running in two weeks at The Arts Station in Fernie, BC.  I'd love to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...