Thursday 29 January 2015

Questions and comments...

...abound from the last post about working on CD's so I thought I'd answer some of them for you.

The process is relatively easy.  I start by filling in the hole with heavy gel medium and waiting oh-so-patiently for it to dry overnight.


I coat one side with black gesso, allow it to dry and then coat the other side (use the blow dryer if you don't have my exemplary serenity -  ha!).


I secured some keys and oddments to the gessoed CD using heavy gel medium (for the weight of the keys in this case), and after it was dry over-painted with white gesso twice.


 Splashing on the intensely coloured Adirondek alcohol inks was the best part.


I then inked in some of the holes and ridges with my black Pitt pen, and added some circles with my white Uni-ball Signo pen.

I managed to twist John's arm, and he made me some wooden blocks to use for backings - they're 1/2" x 3 1/4" x 2 1/2", AND he primed them for me.  What a treasure he is!  Although the heavy gel is not yet dry, this back view photo gives you the general idea.


I encourage you to give it a try, using keys, dried vegetation, puzzle pieces, metallic embellishments, bottle caps, etc.  No limits, all fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...