Friday 14 August 2015

Just because I could...

...I did it again.  I'm possibly (read probably, absolutely) hooked on these tangled fun foam plates and created another one in an overall grid pattern this time.  I immediately tested it with stamp pads and ink,


and then my trusty Gelli plate.  These prints are the first prints, and I love the colour underneath generated by the dry paint on the plate from previous printing sessions.


 I may have gotten a little carried away...


 with more than one print.


There was something about these prints that triggered a conversation with a good friend regarding the energetic changes happening in our world right now, and I was reminded about the connections I have with others.  I fussy cut a house-wrap mask that spoke to me of this,


 and overprinted one of the Gelli prints.


I used my Posca pens on it, and can see that it will become part of a journal page.


My use of the fun foam plate has enlivened it a great deal - I suspect that another Gelli plate session will hit the studio this weekend when  Alice Saltiel comes to visit.  Sounds perfect to me!


And you?  What's triggering your creativity these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - I value every one! If you wish to comment as 'Anonymous', please sign your full name to avoid being garbage can fodder! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...